5 Ways To Save The Environment
Posted on September 15 2016
There are many different ways to protect the environment we live in. But here are 5 incredible ways to help save the planet:
By switching the light off behind you when you're finished. This helps reduce our carbon dioxide emissions. So things such as not leaving your electrical equipment on standby and using cooler washing cycles all contribute to making a considerable difference.
Did you know that if we all turn just 2 lights off in our homes for 1 hour per day, we'd save more than 5 million kilowatt hours of electricity each year nationwide. The amount of coal could fill the empire state building 3 times.
Using less electricity lowers mercury levels in the air, which means;
- Less sulphur dioxide in the air causing less acid rain
- Less nitrogen oxide causing the gas which leads to smog
- Less carbon monoxide which can cause headaches and even death
- Few hydrocarbons forming the ozone layer
- Less arsenic which is cancer causing
Becoming more water efficient is so important in protecting our environment and saving our planet. Saving water helps protect your countries water supplies and keeps your environment healthy. A lot of the water from our reservoirs, bays and rivers are treated wastewater facilities which use a lot of energy, contributing to higher levels of pollution. It can also save you money and keep the wildlife around you happier and healthier. Try collecting rainwater and making sure leaky valves are tightened up.
GO VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN
Did you know that going veggie, can actually save the planet? I kid you not, going vegetarian or vegan makes a massive impact on reducing your carbon footprint. It is also the most naturally sustainable way to eat.
Still not convinced? Here are some ways you're increasing your carbon footprint just by eating meat;
- Overheating the planet, we eat 230m tonnes of meat which need food and water to grow, producing a lot of methane.
- Using an excessive amount of land, you use much less land just growing fruits and vegetables that you can eat.
- Too much water, the amount of water needed to grow a pound of beef is nearly 9000 litres of water, with only 229 pounds of water for 1 pound of potatoes.
- Deforestation, tropical rainforests are being butchered just so that the land can be used for grazing cattle, and livestock animals.
- Poisoning the earth, rivers are polluted each year by leaking manure and urine from overcrowded animal factories. Large factory farms release shed loads of greenhouses gases such as methane and carbons dioxide, cows and pigs produce even more polluting gas.
Deforestation for the use of palm oil is absolutely devastating the world's beautiful rain forests. 13Soaps use absolutely no palm oil in their product and only use 100% recycled card stock packaging. 13soaps use the healing power of plants and nature. A completely eco-friendly and sustainable business.
13Soaps produce affordable soaps that will have you feeling amazing, just knowing that you're using a product that cares about your health as well as the planets. 13soaps promote a healthy lifestyle by encouraging others to be aware and do the same. Life is good when you know the truth and the truth is nature.
Get your all natural, vegan, eco-friendly and handcrafted 13soaps using the best that mother nature provides, with only the highest quality essential oils, known for having beneficial healing properties for the skin, helping to nourish, hydrate and clean the body! Life is good using 13soaps™.