Garlic and Honey: Immune Booster
Posted on October 07 2015
Garlic is known as natural antibiotic, it is full with vitamins and minerals, including vitamins B, C, amino acids, Sulphur compounds and enzymes. Alicine is responsible for its famous reputation – natural antibiotic.
Garlic’s amazing powers:
Alicine is an active substance that improves immunity by stimulating the white cells reproduction within the blood and also improves the production of antibodies. Garlic cures almost any kind of infection. It has also antiviral, pulmonary antiseptic, bacteriostatic properties.
By consuming garlic, one can benefit the cardiovascular system. Garlic is known for its hypotensive action and is an excellent natural remedy for high blood pressure. It helps thinning the blood, preventing possible blood clots (thrombus).
Garlic lowers the sugar levels in blood, possess antitumor properties, it is a fantastic detoxifier and works as anti-gout and anti-rheumatic agent.
When consumed with various foods, it helps the digestive process, especially the gas formation.
How to consume magical garlic syrup
When garlic is thermally treated, it loses all healthy properties, so it is advised to be consumed raw.
Honey makes garlic easier to eat, it becomes more bearable, but honey is also healthy, so when these two ingredients are joined, the result is amazing.
Ingredients needed for the syrup:
- 20 tablespoons of honey
- 10-15 garlic cloves
How to prepare the syrup
Peel the garlic and smash it. Stir it with the honey and place it in a glass jar. Seal the jar tightly and let it sit for 1 week. After the time passes, strain the syrup. Consume 1 teaspoon once or twice a day.
Honey benefits our health with its fantastic properties
It also fights various diseases and medical conditions:
- anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties – honey fights various bacteria
- prevents cancer and heart diseases – the flavonoids reduce the chances of cancer and heart diseases
- great for athletes – honey helps with performance and with healing
- excellent for gastrointestinal problems and ulcer problems – with its antibacterial properties, honey can actually help
- Relieves from coughing and throat irritation – a dose of dextromethorphan is very effective when it comes to nocturnal coughing. Honey can end coughing, a study proved – 110 children were undergoing the research and it is proved it helped.
Both garlic and honey have amazing effects on our health, and when combined they really work miracle.